Job description: Software Developer
The developer will be actively involved in the design, development, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. He/she will play an important role in making the business more efficient and helping provide a better service.
He/she will be responsible for improving, replacing or integrating systems based on the business requirements.
The role will also be responsible for:
- Developing new systems (web-based, mobile web and mobile apps) based on company expansion plans
- Developing reliable and scalable systems which makes it easy to upgrade and add new features
- Reviewing current systems and identifying improvement opportunities
- Research different system alternatives for achieving company objectives and recommend solutions to the team and relevant advisors
- Working closely with designers, vendors and other staff to ensure product is developed to meet user requirements
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes
- Testing new solutions in controlled and simulated situations before go-live
- Code documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing and transfer
Technical Skill requirement
You’ll need to be comfortable with web-based programming languages as well as traditional languages.
Programming languages / tools:
- Relevant experience or strong interest in travel / hospitality sector
- Programmer with good business sense: able to understand business objectives
- Detail-oriented and can work with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Mobile web and mobile application development experience will be an added advantage
- BSc, BTEC, HND or relevant IT certification(s)
- 5 years relevant working experience
Potential candidates interested should send CVs to email@example.com
hopoptions Limited is an online travel company, which aims to simplify travellers’ experiences in searching for and purchasing travel-related services across Africa.