Android Developers gathered together at the Nokia X Portathon to get hands-on training on how to port their Android Apps to the Nokia X Platform. It was a two day event held at iDEA Hub on the 27th of March 2014 and at ccHub on the 28th of March 2014. This event was sponsored by Nokia.
DAY 1 PICTURES
DAY 2 PICTURES
The hands-on sessions by Paul Houghton from Futurice covered the following topics:
- Introduction to the Nokia X Platform
- Introduction to Nokia X APIs
- In-App Payments on Nokia X
- Push Notifications
- Integrating HERE Maps into your Apps
- Single APK Approach for Android Apps with Google and Nokia Services
- Publishing to the Store
The Developers also got the chance to talk about their Apps at a pitch session organised towards the end of the event. At the end of the Pitch Session, some of the Developers were awarded Nokia X Devices.
If you’re interested in porting your Android Apps to Nokia X, kindly fill in the form by following this link and we will get in touch with you with next steps.
Here are five reasons why you should port your Android Apps to Nokia X
- Nokia X opens new markets to your existing apps.
- Nokia X’s monetization tools create additional revenue streams for your apps
- Android app compatibility
- Develop apps for Nokia X using your existing Android SDK, toolkit and skillset
- Nokia Developer programs provide the marketing promotion you need
Port your Apps to Nokia X today! Visit the Nokia Developer Website to get started.