Apply for “She Leads Africa” Pitch Competition, Applications close July 30th
Female entrepreneurs face 4 key barriers to full participation in Africa’s growth story
- Unequal Access to Education
- Constraining Cultural Stereotypes
- Limited Opportunities to Develop Useful Networks
- Limited Access to Financing
She Leads Africa’s Mission is to help Female Entrepreneurs gain access to the knowledge, networks and financing to build and scale strong Businesses by sharing Business Fundamentals, Connecting them to an active network and increase access to financing.
She Leads Africa’s Entrepreneur Showcase is a platform that introduces the continent’s most promising female entrepreneurs to investors, accelerators, and mentors looking to invest in the next generation of African talent. She Leads Africa is looking for early stage startups that want to meet investors, gain access to new mentors, and grow across Africa.
The top 10 applicants will be invited to pitch their business ideas in front of a panel of notable business personalities for the chance to win a cash prize of $10, 000 as well as other non-financial prizes (see details below)
- Have a woman on the founding team who will present at the pitch day
- Female founder between 18-35 years old
- Focused on the African market (Diaspora entrepreneurs are welcome)
- Received less than $50,000 in funding
- Been in operation for less than 3 years
- Have a live product in the market
For more details and to apply, visit the “She Leads Africa” Website at sheleadsafrica.org