The event started with a brief introduction by Tola Adeola and Mayowa Owolabi. This was quickly followed by presentations from Yinka Adewale (Kudi.ai), Wale Hassan (Flutterwave) and Ade Shonubi (NIBSS).
The panelist sessions followed soon after each of the speakers answered questions from the audience during the Q&A Sessions.
The first panelist session was titled “Opportunities for FinTech in Nigeria” and was comprised of the following panelists
- Ade Shonubi, Managing Director, NIBSS
- Tunde Ogungbade, Managing Director, Global Accelerex.
- Sola Fonawopo, Convener, FinTech1000+
- Tosin Eniolorunda, CEO, Streampay
- Adia Sowho, Director, 9Mobile
The second panelist session was titled “Challenges facing FinTech in Nigeria” and was comprised of the following panelists
- Yinka Adewale, Kudi.ai.
- Wale Hassan, Flutterwave.
- Chijioke Dozie, Co-founder / CEO, OneFi.
- Ope Adeoye, Interswitch Digital.
- Emeka Okoye, CEO, Vikanti.
The audience included people from companies such as NIBSS, Piggybank, First Bank, Sterling Bank, 9Mobile etc.
Special guests at the event included Aniedi Udo-Obong, John Kimani, Andy Volk (Developer Relations Team, Sub Saharan Africa at Google), Jason Titus (Head of Developer Platforms Group at Google) and David McLaughlin (Director of Ecosystem Programs (Global) at Google).
The event ended with Mr Biyi Mabadeje giving a vote of thanks.
This event was sponsored by Google, Global Accelerex, Kudi.ai and Flutterwave.